Sony has released the long awaited PSP-3000, so now how does it compare to the latest from nintendo –
Nintendo DSi hand held? Sony PSP 3k has improved LCD screen and finally a built-in microphone that should have been there in the first place. LCD screen has the same resolution and size as PSP Phat and PSP 2000 a.k.a Lite displays, but Sony claims that it has new anti-reflection technology – not really a problem before, and a wider color gamut – that is good + 5X times higher contrast – now this is more like it. We are getting close to being able to see PSP screen in the sun
So PSP3000 (no mod chips for it have been released as of yet)
- Better screen that is closer in brightness to what DS Lite has – YES
- PSP 3000 hacked and ready to play pirated backup games – NO
- Works with PSP3000 Custom Firmware M33 5.00 etc. – NO
- Can PSP3k play PSP iso and cso files from Memory Stick – NO
vs Nintendo DSi
- Even bigger and brigter screen – YES
- Hacked / Moded to play NDS roms – NO
- Works with GBA Flash Cards – NO – No longer has GBA slot!
- Can play MP3 from SD card – NO only AAC supported !?#$@
so at this point I would say – stay with your OLD PSP and DS Lite and wait for the new console versions to hacked and modded or modchips released for them so that all the good features are unlocked. Untill than 3000 and DSi are good for the casual gamer who knows nothing about the roms and emulators, but not for the pirate in You!