Posts Tagged ‘PS3 Jailbreak’
Should You MOD your PS3 or NOT?
The PS3 Modchip is finally out in the market. Manufacturer sales have been so high that they are currently out of stock since the initial release of their products. These manufacturers are making hundreds of thousands of dollars out of this hacking business. Intuitively you would think that all the PS3 gamers would be happy with being able to run their homebrew in the PS3 system, not to mention pirated games. However, there are still some hardcore core PS3 and Sony lovers that are against the use of PS3 Modchip. Here is what they have to say:
Anti-modchip and anti-piracy gamers:
- Playing pirated games doesn’t only pose a profit loss for game developers but also a negative impact on the gamers. Having to compete with pirated games means there is less money going into game developers. Game developers then have fewer funds to make better games.
- A PS3 modchip has a markup price of $100, still a reasonably high price for a pirate device. Moreover a basic PS3 game is about 15GB in size and it takes hours to download that size file over the internet.
- Using a PS3 Jailbreak modchip bans the users from accessing the PlayStation Network online.
- You aren’t 100% sure that the firmware used will not harm your PS3.
- It is tedious when one has to turn on and off the system, unplug and plug the Ethernet cable when using the PS3 online with a modchip. Why not simply swap disks?
- Sony will come up with an updated firmware that will make the PS3 modchip useless.
(PS3Key, PS3HUB, PSJailbreak, PS3Yes!, PS3BREAK, P3HUB) read more at PS3-Chips.com
Pro PS3 Modchip users:
- Not all PS3 gamers are well off and can easily afford the expensive games that developers sell in the market. A basic PS3 game costs about $30 and in some countries the minimum is $60. That would mean that buying a PS3 Modchip is equivalent to buying 2 original copies but you can play an unlimited number of games.
- Why would a gamer connect to the internet while using the modchip when they are aware that they could possibly be banned from PlayStation Network? That’s just plain stupid.
- Sony could possibly come up with an updated firmware, but like most consoles that have done this, hackers are still able to break the code. Online updates are often included support for modchip buyers. And hackers always love the challenge of breaking new firmware.
Presented to you are the pros and cons. Where does your loyalty reside, to Sony and the game developers or to your wallet and bank account? You decide.
Read More at PS3-Chips.com
PS3 Jailbreak – PlayStation 3 Chips!
After 3 long years of waiting – PlayStation 3 has been hacked and there is no turning back – sorry SONY! PS3 Mod Chips are available for anyone to buy. You can use a modded PS3 with Jailbreak chip for making backup copies and playing backup games on your Original or Slim PS3 console!
Now the first PS3 Chip called PSJailbreak was extraordinarily expensive. It’s price was set at $130 USD and the only way to get it cheaper was to buy in bulk. Now when many more companies started producing compatible alternatives prices have gone down a lot and you can buy a better (firmware upgradable) PS3 Chips for something like $45 USD!
- PS3 JailBreak is fully compatible with all PS3 fat and slim models.
- if Sony blocks the PS3 Chips, PS3 BREAK firmware can be update to bypass the latest copy protection patch
- PS3 mod-chips firmware can be updated via computer USB port – no special tools required
- ROM Game data access time from HDD with a PS3 Jailbreak are x2 faster than from a regular Blue-Ray game disc
- PS3 Games can be copied to the internal hard drive in your PlayStation or an external USB HDD.
- installation of the chip can be finished in seconds as it is a Plug and Play USB chip .
- PlayStation 3 Homebrew software / PS1 / MAME / SNES / N64 / SEGA emulators are supported.
What more info on hacking and modding tools like iso rom Backup Manager tool. PS3 Key – PSJailbreak – PS Break – PSfreedom – PSGroove than please go to PS3 Chips.com
this is very cool. it is always great to have the freedom to do whatever we want with the ps3.
check out this cool site that shows you how you can fix your ps3 yourself and even turn your ps3 into a desktop PC